Friday, May 28, 2010

Puttin' on my Dancin' Shoes!!

Yep! Hanging Gardens of Semiramis is FINISHED!!!! I punted all household responsibilities today just to finish the beading. Perfectly reasonable thing to do, right? I mean, I was thisclose to a happy dance. Can't let little things like laundry and shopping get in the way. Without further ado, the photo essay (as always, click for biggification):

Hanging Gardens of Semarimis finished 052810
Hanging Gardens 052810
Hanging Gardens 052810b
Hanging Gardens 052810a

The color of the fabric even comes close this time. I am SO excited to have this finished. I have no real idea how I want this framed yet. There is a really wonderful framer in town that Melissa has used to great success, so I might try that out. My LNS is great for basic framing, and they did a decent job on my Indian Summer Reflections, but I want this to be really spectacular. I did think about Jill Rensel, and may still consider her. I'm just nervous about sending her something that took a gazillion man hours to stitch for fear it would disappear.

So what's next? Well, tomorrow is a stitching GTG with Melissa, Dana, and Wendy (no blog, or she's holding out on me). I think I may do a stint on Egypt Garden whilst visiting with them. It will appease the DH, plus I'm up to the duckie band which is a fairly easy stitch. Then, I'm going to start on Snow Queen's Slipper which will be a stitch/finish-a-long with MissyAnn. Beyond that, I'm not planning. Many of my WIPs are vying for attention. We'll just see which one screams loudest!

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish, Cheryl. It is truly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    thanks for visiting my blog! Now that I've found yours I'll be checking it out regularly. Congrats on finishing Hanging Gardens, it's absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's stunning, congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors for this one are just gorgeous. Congratulations on your big finish. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! And it's even more beautiful in person. I can't wait to see this one framed.

    ReplyDelete