Close counts in horse shoes, hand grenades and goal achievement. So, how'd I do this month?
Stitching Goals for January:
1. Select and purchase DMC for Nativity Story Table Runner, cut and serge fabric, and stitch on the piece for at least 8 hours. - I actually did this!! Yay me! I really love how it is turning out.
2. Finish part 7 of Medieval Town Mandala - Did this one too. Not too much of a stretch as I was really close at the beginning of the month.
3. Take Crabby All Year for framing. - Yep. It's hanging on the wall already. See previous post.
4. Attend Moonlight Stitching at the LNS. Yes!! It was much fun!
5. Stitch on Hanging Gardens of Semiramis for at least 10 hours. - Did this one, too.
Non-stitching Goals for January:
1. Recover my office from the holiday explosion. Sort of. Made a good start, but still have work to do.
2. Make appointment for self for dental check-up - oops.
3. Exercise at least 18 days this month. - thanks to the very invonvenient snow (see previous entry), I made 19 days, which includes three days of heavy snow shoveling. I will personally hurt anyone who hints that this does not count as exercise. I absolutely cannot raise my arms above my head right now!
4. Wipe hard drives on old PCs so they can be donated and removed from the house. YES! And, DH is much happy with me for it!
5. Organize storage room - Did this one, too! I was on a cleaning binge for a while. Kinda over it now.
So, I'd give myself an A- overall for January. Could have accomplished more stitching wise, but I had a couple of book distractions.
Now, what can I accomplish in February? OK, short month, plus Diva has three volleyball tournaments (two out of town) and DD#2 (I still need a blogname for her) has two out of town cheer competitions - not to mention a number of appointments scheduled for various sundry stuff - equals limited productivity. Here's what I think possible:
Stitching Goals for February
1. Stitch on Nativity Story Table Runner for 10 hours.
2. Stitch on Hanging Gardens for 10 hours.
3. Lace Vintage Stitches to foam core.
Non-stitching Goals for February
1. Finish organizing my office.
2. Exercise at least 15 days this month (this will be tough to accomplish).
3. Make appointment for self for dental check-up.
4. Have a serious conversation with Diva about the need to actually get a summer job this year (wish me luck - it won't be pleasant).
As I said, I'm keeping it reasonable given all that's going on in such a short time frame.
Meanwhile, I've been working on uploading all my stitching photos to flickr, complete with descriptions and details. When I make a little more progress, I'll post a link to the albums for WIPs and finishes on my sidebar. I always feel like I stitch and stitch and stitch but rarely finish anything. Going through all of my old photos and documenting the details has been really good for my ego in that respect. I've finished more than I've credited myself with. It just doesn't seem that way because some of what I've stitched is finished but not finish-finished (hence, the drawer of finished ornaments awaiting ornamentification) or, I've given them away. Anyway, photos to come soonish.
I know I owe you a progress picture on NSTR. Again, coming soon. Maybe even today if I get it together.