Most of March was dedicated to Diva's volleyball tournaments and shopping with Perfectionist Child. Many lost hours. Little stitching. Crabby me. Not sure April gets better as I just returned from yet another out-of-town volleyball weekend followed by an eight-hour shopping excursion with Perfectionist Child. Let's see how I fared:
Stitching Goals for March
1. Stitch 10 hours on NSTR (bit of a cheat goal as I already have almost 6 hours done). Yep. Actually put in around 15 hours, I think.
2. Stitch 20 hours on Hanging Gardens. Yes, just barely. Making quite excellent progress.
3. Visit LNS to buy more floss for NSTR without buying more than $25 in additional stash (quit with the manic laughter, people). Not quite sure how to address this. I did get the floss. And, that's all I'm sayin'. lol.
4. Lace Vintage Stitches to foam core (really, I am going to do it this time). Sadly, no. Didn't even think about it.
5. Create guidelines for smalls exchange on the Chatelaine message board. YES!!!!! I did this! See here.
Non-stitching Goals for March
1. Take Perfectionist Child clothes shopping with the express purpose of buying a dress for Confirmation. Avoid shooting her, if possible. Any clothing purchased after dress acquisition achieves bonus points. Shopping accomplished and she's still living. Let's just say that I've already experienced purgatory.
2. Dig out the black pit my office has become. This is becoming mission critical. Some progress, but then more accumulation of "stuff". I get points for trying.
3. Exercise at least 16 days this month. The Great Plumbing Disaster in my home sucked away two days of exercise, so I only made it 14 days.
4. Do the financial statements/tax forms for my business (can you say procrastination? Um, yeah.) Not only did I do them, but I even mailed them with the appropriate checks. Have also done the draft version of the personal return. Just need to review it.
Not such a great effort, I think. Some things beyond my control, but still. Oh, I am giving myself a bonus point for scheduling a dental appointment for April. That was on my Jan. and Feb. goals and was never accomplished until March.
April is another busy month with two out-of-town volleyball tournaments (just got home from Atlanta) and Perfectionist Child's Confirmation, not to mention the continuing saga of the Great Plumbing Disaster and the Unknown Ailment of Diva's car (which, of course, becomes my problem when I have to provide transportation in lieu of her self-sufficiency.). So, let's see what's possible:
Stitching Goals for April:
1. Stitch 15 hours on NSTR.
2. Stitch 15 hours on Hanging Gardens.
3. Plan, kit, and start project for the Chatelaine Exchange.
4. Join the Chatelaine Designs Peacock Garden group before the end of the raffle period on April 15th.
Non-stitching Goals for April:
1. Organize office (yes, again).
2. Exercise at least 16 days.
3. Work through household "to-do" list backlog so that May starts with a clean slate.
I really don't think anything more is possible.
DH asked me this morning what I wanted for Mother's Day other than to do nothing. He has no idea how much I wish I could do nothing. But, no, Mother's Day will be spent catering to his mother and my mother. In the 16 years that I have been a mother, only once did I get to do what I wanted to do that day. At the time, my mother lived 2,000 miles away, and my MIL was out-of-town. I've asked to celebrate my mother's day on an alternate date, but somehow, it never seems to happen. I won't be holding my breath this year, either.