Saturday, April 28, 2012

Oh, Does She Know You!

"Oh, does she KNOW you!" - as stated by my DH when I opened a most wonderful, exciting, beautimous gift from my dear friend, Annette. She made me this full of awesome scarf in EXACTLY MY COLORS! See it modeled by my *almost* new winter coat:


Now, I must confess, this delightful gift arrived right around Easter. Timing was perfect as I was in need of a major pick-me-up just then. But, unfortunately, Diva Daughter was in need of my camera just then as hers had gone MIA and, well, "Mom, it's my senior year, I HAVE to have a camera everywhere I go!" Thankfully, Diva's camera has re-appeared by some magic known only to happen to teenagers and DHs. So, I can now share my bounty with you. I did, of course, thank Annette privately for such a special prize. But, I am really happy to show it off to all of you, finally. I love it not only because the colors are such a perfect autumn palette, but perhaps most especially because it is hand made. Annette knows that I often lament that "big needles" and I do not get on well together. I could never in a million years make something like this for myself. Just makes it that much more special!

While I had the camera out, I decided to snap a quick photo of my current progress on Egypt Garden:



I swear, one day I will take a photo of this that shows the pale yellow fabric true. But, the blues seem to be just right, so there you go. I'm definitely getting there. Herons and flowers are two-thirds complete. Then, I just have the corner bracelet bands to go. Don't know if I'll be able to get it finished by the end of next month. But, I'm definitely going to try!

7 comments:

  1. Your Chat. is looking amazing! I so want to start another, and I have one kitted up, and am in another online class riht now.....but I have so many projects going right now, I MUST finish one or two before I start another! :- )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew as soon as I saw the yarn where it needed to end up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift from Annette! It's the perfect epitome of Autumn. Your Egypt Garden is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous scarf, and great progress on Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Egypt is looking gorgeous, and wonderful scarf from Annette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful (both of them!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous scarf! And you're getting so close on Egyptian Garden, nice job.

    ReplyDelete