Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stars and Evening WIPs

Seems that once a month blogging has become my new normal. I'd like to do better, but I lack motivation.

But, I have been stitching.

I'm participating in a SAL for Tony Mineri's Stars for the New Millennium which started in October and will run for 24 months (one square every two months) to allow plenty of time for all of us to keep up and still work on other projects. Last night I finished the first square, Marilyn Monroe (all squares are named for movie stars who have a connection with the other squares it touches).


Stars- Marilyn Monroe as of 110512

Most of the stitches so far have been familiar to me, which is good for confidence building. I'm sure there will be unfamiliar stitches in future squares. I do love the textures created by the different fibers. It's pretty awesome!

And, now I am returning to Chatelaine Designs Evening in the Park. I've made considerable progress. In fact, it's entirely possible that I may finish the stitching of this design by the end of 2012. I started this back in the days before I learned the hard lesson of beading as I go on Chatelaines. So, all the beading will be done at the end of the stitching. I'll be happy to have this one finished and off my WIP list!


Evening in the Park 110512

8 comments:

  1. Ooooooo.....

    Ahhhhh......

    I do like your colors for Stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please could you give me some advice. is it better to bead as you go when using a scroll frame?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful! Fingers crossed for you Chat to be finished in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That texture really is amazing - beautiful! Great going on the mandala too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful - looking forward to watching your progress on the SAL, and your beautiful Chatelaine finish (fingers crossed)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl - your Evening in the Park is stunning - I expect to see it framed on your wall next time I come to visit!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete