It is done. My daughters are already fighting over who gets it when I die. One had the nerve to ask me to stitch another so they would each have one. I laughed in her face. Told them I'm keeping it until I die, and then I won't care if they fight over it. LOL!
I think if you click the photo, you can see a bigger size on flickr. For the record: By Blackberry Lane Designs. Stitched on Relic 32 ct Belfast Linen by Picture This Plus. Used DMC 780 and PTB PH01 as fibers. Stitched two over two. Finished runner measures 55.5 inches by 18.25 inches. Started January 2010 and completed July 19, 2011 (as part of my rotation; so not stitched exclusively). Oh, and it is COMPLETELY washable (as in the washing machine, washable - yes, I tested that theory).
The finishing was all done by hand using the antique hem stitch. While I've done the regular hem stitch on many occasions, I'd never worked with the antique version before. I really enjoyed it. However, the instructions in the pattern were kind sketchy. I had to find some instructions with diagrams on-line to be able to do it. Even then, I practiced on a scrap of linen first. Mitering the corners was a challenge, too. I'm really glad I practiced that first as I screwed it up the first two times I tried.
I'm damn happy to have this done and ready to grace my dining room table this Christmas!
After finishing one BAP in my rotation, I've given another BAP some love. Here's my most recent progress on Egypt Garden by Chatelaine Designs (stitched on Shortbread Belfast by Country Stitch). The pic doesn't show the light yellow of the fabric, but the fibers are pretty true to color.
I'd been rotating the two projects for the past several months. Now I think I'm going to give EG a bit of a rest. Yes, I got bored. You know how frequently that happens with me. So, as a reward for such a big Happy Dance, I decided I deserved a new start. I've been wanting to stitch some smaller designs, you know, so I actually finish things. I chose Autumn Arbor by The Drawn Thread (stitched on Lemon Meringue 32ct Belfast by Country Stitch using silks as designed).
That's just one night's progress, so I think it will be a pretty quick stitch. At least, that's what I'm telling myself. LOL One thing I'm not sure makes me happy is that the design is stitched with one strand of floss over two threads. I get the delicate look, but I'm used to more coverage than that. Since I am using the silk accessory pack that came with the chart, I decided to stitch as designed so I'd be sure to have enough silk to finish it. I think maybe the look will grow on me.
I do have other stitching and finishes to share, but not yet. Last month, I stitched and finished a lovely piece for the Chatelaine Smalls Exchange. Since it won't be mailed until next week and it needs to be a secret until received by my partner, I can't show you that, yet. You'll have to wait. I also learned a wonderful new-to-me box finishing technique last month from Susan. That finish will be fodder for a future blog post.